Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blog Post 1

I had not heard any comments about EDM310 until last semester. A few of my classmates were telling me how hard they found this class and how it was so time consuming. That definitely scared me a little bit because I knew I would be enrolled in EDM310 in the Fall of 2014.

The fears I have for this class is that I will get behind in my weekly projects or that I will not dedicate enough time to my work in order to make a good grade. I realize that this class is going to take up a lot of my time and that intimidates me some.

Things that I have heard and have experienced so far in EDM310 tell me that this class will be different from any class I have ever taken in quite a few ways. It will be up to me to take the lead in my education. In high school and even classes I have taken in college, there has been a similar teaching style in all; memorizing the information that I will need to make a good grade on the test. From what I can tell so far, EDM310 is completely different. In this class, I will be required to learn by actually doing. I will learn through projects and assignments that will have me actively doing what I need to know.

The most difficult thing I see myself having trouble with in this semester is making sure I put aside enough time to do all of my work efficiently each week. I am very busy with school and work that I easily forget about homework and assignments until the last minute. Although I am working on correcting it, I can definitely be a procrastinator. I believe the best way to correct this is to simply stop waiting for the deadline to approach to start my work. I need to learn to plan ahead and set aside time to do the work that I need to accomplish.
Procrastintination


The only question I have about this class is how I will know when I need to go to the computer lab for assistance. I'm sure there will be many times that I have questions, but how will I know when I need help from the lab? I guess the best way to address this question will be to ask someone either in the class or who has taken the class and see if they have any insight on my particular issue.

3 comments:

  1. If you can't get your questions answered quickly then go to the Lab. Students who frequent the Lab usually do much better in EDM310 than those who don't.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I need to learn to plan ahead and set aside time to do the work that I need to accomplish."
    This will be very important to your success in this class. To reiterate what Dr. Strange said, if you have any pressing questions, just ask! We are here to help. Good post! Be sure to include a picture with every blog post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The workload is very overwhelming. Make sure you take every opportunity you have to go to the lab. Set a scheduled study time for the week and stick to it. As long as you're determined and keep up with your assignments, you will be fine.

    ReplyDelete