Saturday, August 23, 2014

Practice Post

Outline:
1. Jessica Harris
2. Help children
3. Speak clearly, patient, helpful
4. Reading, swimming, traveler

My name is Jessica Harris, and I am twenty years old. I currently live in Mobile, Alabama, but in the past I have lived in different states around the country. I have lived in Florida, North and South Carolina, Mississippi, Arizona, and Maryland. I have always loved being around children and have wanted to be an elementary teacher since I was young. Other interest of mine include reading, animals, swimming, and traveling. Since I am going to school, the only one I really get to enjoy often is reading. I am attending USA because it is a great school and tuition is not completely outrageous. It also helps that I live close to the school.

I was adopted when I was thirteen years old and all together I have eight siblings. This includes adopted and biological. I have one younger sister and seven older sisters and brothers. I share a home with my parents and younger sister.

I want to enter the field of education so that I can help children learn and grow. The world needs more passionate educators that can help make a difference for our children.

I believe an educator's work in todays time entails preparing children for adulthood by teaching them skills they can carry with them through life. Children are always absorbing new information into their minds and they need to be in an environment that will support healthy learning. It is also important to be very patient. As educator's we need to understand that children learn at different rates and in different ways. They need a patient and helpful teacher who can adapt their teaching styles for each child.

One of my main passions in life is children. I love being around them, taking care of them, and helping them learn. I teach a bible class at my church for three and four year olds. Not only is this giving me good experience for when I am an educator, it also allows me to do something I enjoy. Although this is a lot of fun, I need to get better at planning my time and making sure my activities fit into my time slot.


In general I enjoy being around people and being able to help them. I'm good at listening to people, especially children, and helping with any problem they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment