Sunday, September 14, 2014

Project #15: Search Engines

Below are a list of 8 different search engines that I found and also tried out. I also provided the link to them so that you can also try them for your self.

1. WOW.com This search engine has a very simple look to it and is easy to use. When I typed something into the search bar it gave me many pages to go through and the options of web, images, or videos. It also included  related searches list on the right hand side. This was easy to use, but not very complex.

2. Aol.com While this search engine offered more options it was still a pretty simple set up. I typed in the same word I did in the other engines, and it gave me about the same amount of sites to go to. It did give me a small biological search results that some of the other engines did not.

3. Yahoo.com This engine gave me tons of settings, options, along with recent news. It would be a good search engine if you wanted to see how your search was connected in current events.

4. Ask.com  This site not only gave me many options and settings, but it was more set up for Q&A. It would be a place to search when you had a specific question you wanted answered.

5. WolframAlpha.com After using this engine to search different things I came to the conclusion that its results were very scientific. Instead of giving me different websites to visit, it gives me various information and facts for what I searched. This would be a good place to go if you were gathering facts and technical data about something.

6. Webcrawler.com This was very similar to some of the other search engines in the way that it was simple, easy to navigate, and set up with the same options as most search engines. It was lacking some of the short cuts that other more well known websites have.

7. Info.com This engine's results were a collaboration of other search engines results. If you wanted to be get a lot of different websites through different engines this would be the place to look.

8. Bing.com Bing is unique in the way it sets up its cover page. You can drag your mouse over parts of the pictures and get randoms trivia and facts from them. When searching on this engine I found that the results and information I got back was more in depth than other engines. It would be a good place to search for any kind of information you needed.

Search Engines










No comments:

Post a Comment